Welcome to This Week in LiveCode! LiveCode is a high-level language with an easy-to-learn English-like syntax. This is a weekly summary of what’s been going on in the LiveCode open source project and community. Want something mentioned? Tweet @LiveCode or send us an e-mail. Want to get involved? We welcome contributions.
This week’s edition was edited by peter-b.
Updates from the LiveCode open source community
The LiveCode 8 Global Jam is now on!
News & blog posts
- How Rapid Application Development Helps the US Navy
- Using C library functions from LiveCode Builder
- Update on Using LiveCode to Build a Word Cloud: A Cloud is Forming!
New releases and project updates
- Script Buddy: A second window for your LC IDE Script Editor
- MetaCard y Revolution: Herramientas de autor multiplataforma para multimedia: This open source textbook is currently being updated
- What’s everyone working on this month? (September 2015 edition)
- Foreign Handlers and Custom Types: using the Blitz3D library with LiveCode Builder
Updates in the LiveCode open source project
85 pull requests were merged in the last week.
Check out the LiveCode bug fixes Twitter feed!
New LiveCode releases
- [[ Foundation ]] Make single byte fetching more efficient: Single-byte operations on data strings are now much faster!
- [[ Bugfix 11133 ]] Implement faceless uninstaller: LiveCode installers now accept a
nouioption for headless installation.
- [[ Bug 15875 ]] Update Android minimum SDK for Android deployment: Android deployment now requires Android SDK 15 or newer.
- [Bug 15925] Implemented “playableDuration” for android player
Contributors this week