Welcome to This Week in LiveCode! LiveCode is a high-level language with an easy-to-learn English-like syntax. This is a weekly summary of what’s been going on in the LiveCode open source project and community. Want something mentioned? Tweet @LiveCode or send us an e-mail. Want to get involved? We welcome contributions.
This week’s edition was edited by peter-b.
Updates from the LiveCode open source community
News & project updates
- Feature Exchange: Find & Replace: Upgrade processing formatted text in LiveCode
- LiveCode Keyboard Shortcuts Cards
- Learning resources for kids
- ’..’ folder needs to be added on MacOS: What exactly should be in
- Clicking in script editor after compiling a script: Epic bug hunt
Updates in the LiveCode open source project
62 pull requests were merged in the last week.
- Improvements to Linux installation location: Install to
- Optimization of native string processing: String processing in LC8 much faster
- A simple benchmark system
- Replace implementation of MCStringFormatV
Contributors this week
- 3rd December: SoCal User Group meeting, Pasadena, USA
- 30th-31st January: FOSDEM 2016 (LiveCode meet-up TBC)