Welcome to This Week in LiveCode! LiveCode is a high-level language with an easy-to-learn English-like syntax. This is a weekly summary of what’s been going on in the LiveCode open source project and community. Want something mentioned? Tweet @LiveCode or send us an e-mail. Want to get involved? We welcome contributions.
This week’s edition was edited by peter-b.
Updates from the LiveCode open source community
Cyril Pruszko has created an excellent set of learning resources for his lessons at Eleanor Roosevelt High School: Learning to Create Games, Apps and Programs.
News & blog posts
- LiveCode learning resource for kids
- How would you trade data between 2 tablets without internet?
- Improving the speed of HTML5 apps
- Pointlist to Bezier curve approximation
Updates in the LiveCode open source project
31 pull requests were merged in the last week.
Sébastien Nouat (livecodesebastien) has left the core dev team to go adventuring in South America for a few months.
- Improve printing on Linux: Linux printing now supports Unicode & transparency
- Implement clipping bounds property: Useful for speeding up rendering of large widgets
- Several changes related to 64-bit Mac