Welcome to This Week in LiveCode! LiveCode is a high-level language with an easy-to-learn English-like syntax. This is a weekly summary of what’s been going on in the LiveCode open source project and community. Want something mentioned? Tweet @LiveCode or send us an e-mail. Want to get involved? We welcome contributions.
This week’s edition was edited by peter-b.
Updates from the LiveCode open source community
News & blog posts
- Figuring out if something is on the current screen, or getting the current screen rect
- HTML5 update: why is it slow?
- Beyond POSIX time
Updates in the LiveCode open source project
31 pull requests were merged since the last issue.
- Add array expressions to LiveCode Builder: You can now use arrays as constants and construct arrays without lots of
- Remove unwanted custom properties from script editor: Some IDE stacks were megabytes larger than they needed to be!
- Ensure ‘CanBeNative’-ness is preserved by concatenation where appropriate: Fixes the pink variables tab bug
- Ensure all dictionary files are included in the installer: Fixes the empty dictionary bug