Welcome to This Week in LiveCode! LiveCode is a high-level language with an easy-to-learn English-like syntax. This is a weekly summary of what’s been going on in the LiveCode open source project and community. Want something mentioned? Tweet @LiveCode or send us an e-mail. Want to get involved? We welcome contributions.
This week’s edition was edited by peter-b.
Updates from the LiveCode open source community
News & blog posts
- Image scaling
- Running processes in the background
- lcdoc & contributing to the dictionary
- Repeat Forever - Not Working: The problem with polling
Updates in the LiveCode open source project
61 pull requests were merged since the last issue.
- Use more native-looking themes on desktop platforms by default: Make all LiveCode apps for Windows, OS X and Linux look much, much nicer by default
- Speed up Unicode text processing: Cut the time needed for many Unicode text operations by about 25%
- Script editor performance improvements: Much snappier script editor when working with huge scripts
- Add support for URLs hosted on SNI-aware servers
- Include the release notes in the IDE’s “Guides” tab