Welcome to This Week in LiveCode! LiveCode is a high-level language with an easy-to-learn English-like syntax. This is a weekly summary of what’s been going on in the LiveCode open source project and community. Want something mentioned? Tweet @LiveCode or send us an e-mail. Want to get involved? We welcome contributions.
This week’s edition was edited by peter-b.
Updates from the LiveCode open source community
News & blog posts
- Writing an external for LiveCode in C++
- IDE issues: Lengthy discussion of possible IDE tweaks
- Exporting the LiveCode 8 browser widget: What’s the right way to take a screenshot?
- Creating a file on external storage (Android)
Updates in the LiveCode open source project
53 pull requests were merged since the last issue.
New LiveCode releases
- Replace the Start Center for LiveCode 8: A new start center that’s more compact, more beautiful and more useful.
- Add a set of special font names “(System UI Font - *)” for themed fonts: Make native system UI fonts less confusing and easier to use
- App-based DMGs for OSX (i.e no installer): Install LiveCode for Mac by simply dragging and dropping an app bundle into place
- Add ‘my … paint’ syntax: Use engine control paints (colours and patterns) in LiveCode Builder widgets
Contributors this week