Welcome to This Week in LiveCode! LiveCode is a high-level language with an easy-to-learn English-like syntax. This is a weekly summary of what’s been going on in the LiveCode open source project and community. Want something mentioned? Tweet @LiveCode or send us an e-mail. Want to get involved? We welcome contributions.
This week’s edition was edited by peter-b.
Updates from the LiveCode open source community
News & blog posts
- Introducing LiveCode 8 - Build Powerful Apps Faster
- LiveCode Widgets: The Navigation Bar
- Bluetooth Controlled Lighted Gong - installation art with LiveCode
- The #livecode channel on freenode is now open for Open Source community discussion!
- First experience with LC 8.0’s Interactive Welcome
- IPv6 for iOS
- Revenue and the Open Source edition
- Integrating widgets’ number properties with the property inspector
Updates in the LiveCode open source project
6 pull requests were merged since the last issue.
New LiveCode releases
After many months of development and 16 developer preview releases, LiveCode 8 is finally stable!
Note: There are no further LiveCode 6.7 and LiveCode 7 releases planned. LiveCode 8 is now the stable version of LiveCode supported by the core development team.
This was a quiet week in the LiveCode git repositories due to LiveCode 8.0.0 release preparation and starting work on LiveCode 8.1.
- Show the ID of the currently selected pattern
- Don’t unset existing geometry props while setting new ones