Welcome to This Week in LiveCode! LiveCode is a high-level language with an easy-to-learn English-like syntax. This is a weekly summary of what’s been going on in the LiveCode open source project and community. Want something mentioned? Tweet @LiveCode or send us an e-mail. Want to get involved? We welcome contributions.
This week’s edition was edited by peter-b.
Updates from the LiveCode open source community
News & blog posts
There have been several blogs about the ongoing crowdfunding campaign to fund language-level enhancements to the LiveCode Builder compiler and virtual machine. These changes will make it easier to wrap arbitrary native code libraries using LiveCode Builder, and all of the improvements will go directly into the LiveCode open source project.
At the time of writing, the base funding for the project has been reached, as has the “SQLite library” stretch goal.
- Infinite LiveCode - An Example
- A gift from the community for the community
- What does Infinite LiveCode mean for users of the platform?
- Trevor DeVore interviews Kevin & Mark
- First Stretch Goal - SQLite Library
- Second Stretch Goal - Full Cross Platform Audio Recording
- Resuming a hidden stack
- Blast a message to multiple objects: Using mwieder’s publish and subscribe library
- Storing and retrieving data from a SQL database: Don’t try and escape values; use parameterised queries instead
- Splitting a string into an array, by column
Updates in the LiveCode open source project
36 pull requests were merged since the last issue.
- Update the player object on Windows to use DirectShow
- Initialise LCB variables with default values
- Better “search for inclusions” on mobile platforms
- Support for custom entitlements for iOS
Contributors this week