Welcome to This Week in LiveCode! LiveCode is a high-level language with an easy-to-learn English-like syntax. This is a weekly summary of what’s been going on in the LiveCode open source project and community. Want something mentioned? Tweet @LiveCode or send us an e-mail. Want to get involved? We welcome contributions.
Updates from the LiveCode open source community
News & blog posts
- HyperCard-like palettes for LiveCode: Richmond has been experimenting with alternative UIs for LiveCode development
- The Edinburgh 2016 conference schedule is live
Updates in the LiveCode open source project
17 pull requests were merged since the last issue.
Bug report of the week
This report is particularly helpful because it contains:
- a simple sample stack that clearly demonstrates the problem
- detailed step-by-step instructions on how to replicate the bug
- some helpful observations that may help isolate the cause
- a link to a helpful discussion in the forums where a workaround is suggested
- Some updates to the LiveCode scripting guide
- Autofocus on message box when typing: This closes bug 296!