Welcome to This Week in LiveCode! LiveCode is a high-level language with an easy-to-learn English-like syntax. This is a weekly summary of what’s been going on in the LiveCode open source project and community. Want something mentioned? Tweet @LiveCode or send us an e-mail. Want to get involved? We welcome contributions.
Updates from the LiveCode open source community
News & blog posts
- LiveCode Widgets: SVG Path
- Two new LiveCode Builder widgets by PaulMcClernan:
- macMikey has published two new script libraries:
- hasMemory() and why it can’t be reliable
- Using GPIO on the Raspberry Pi
- Why doesn’t the “startup” message work in the IDE?
Updates in the LiveCode open source project
66 pull requests were merged since the last issue.
- Improve GPS timestamps on Android
- Add “vectorDotProduct” function
- Windows player:
- Fix MP3 support (etc.)
- Fix frame seeking
- Fix overflow of large player position values: Ensure sensible behaviour with really long videos
- Pause player when entering edit mode
- Remove the “load QT at startup preference”: Fixes crashes with some combinations of Windows and Quicktime
- Make “dontUseQT” true by default
- Big LiveCode Builder improvements!
Bug report of the week
- Very descriptive and self-explanatory sample stack. It has the recipe on a stack field as well, so no need to switch between Bugzilla and LiveCode when trying to reproduce it
- “Beautiful” stack, because all the buttons, fields are layered very nicely. There is an input field on the left, some buttons with actions in the centre, and an output field on the right. The buttons are equally spaced, they have labels where necessary. It is obvious that the submitter has spent time on making it both functional and good-looking, and that’s greatly appreciated
Want to get involved in the LiveCode open source project but don’t know where to start? Try one of these!
- (Easy) Swapped labels in the Project Browser
- (Easy) Remove the
- (Easy) Script editor find & replace geometry missing
- (Easy) Remove “web” platform from dictionary entries
- (Medium) Navbar widget doesn’t generate unique item names
- (Medium) Engine doesn’t parse some ProxyServer formats correctly
- (Medium) Modify “answer color” to use the correct color profile data on OS X
- (Hard) Correct rendering of multicolor fonts
Contributors this week