Welcome to This Week in LiveCode! LiveCode is a high-level language with an easy-to-learn English-like syntax. This is a weekly summary of what’s been going on in the LiveCode open source project and community. Want something mentioned? Tweet @LiveCode or send us an e-mail. Want to get involved? We welcome contributions.
This week’s edition was edited by peter-b.
Updates from the LiveCode open source community
News & blog posts
- Cross-platform app deployment with LiveCode is now even easier!
- revIgniter v1.8.2 released
- Exam results for students using LiveCode in Norway
- Educational resources for a LiveCode summer school
- All controls are objects but not all objects are controls
- It’s okay to ask beginner questions on the use-livecode mailing list
- Lying in the bath, but telling the truth: Converting old stacks to use LiveCode 7+ native Unicode support
Updates in the LiveCode open source project
30 pull requests were merged since the last issue.
- Implement player “callbacks” property on Windows
- Add eventFooKey methods for fetching synchronous key state
- Fix documentation examples that don’t compile
- Improved GPS support on Android and iOS
- LiveCode Infinite
Bug report of the week
- Detailed explanation of how the bug occurs and steps to reproduce it
- Report includes an outline of the correct algorithm that should be implemented to fix the bug
Want to get involved in the LiveCode open source project but don’t know where to start? Try one of these!
- (Easy) ’-‘ in Android app identifier isn’t allowed
- (Easy) Can’t use “&” character in the name of an Android app
- (Easy) Ctrl+Q shortcut not present in Linux script editor
- (Easy) Check
MCRangeMake()is always used correctly
- (Medium) Changing shadow properties causes an error
- (Medium) Proxy server detection ignores ‘Use a proxy server for your LAN’
- (Medium) Sliders drawn too large on Windows 10
- (Hard) Correct implementation of “export snapshot” for Linux