Welcome to This Week in LiveCode! LiveCode is a high-level language with an easy-to-learn English-like syntax. This is a weekly summary of what’s been going on in the LiveCode open source project and community. Want something mentioned? Tweet @LiveCode or send us an e-mail. Want to get involved? We welcome contributions.
This week’s edition was edited by peter-b.
Updates from the LiveCode open source community
News & blog posts
Tell us about some exciting things you’re doing with LiveCode Community edition!
- Quirk in group resize behaviour
- The limitations of htmlText
- “move… to the points” for animation
- LCB array syntax
Updates in the LiveCode open source project
30 pull requests were merged since the last issue.
- Compile the engine as C++11
- New return forms to return values and errors
MCObjectHandlewith an RAII version: Will prevent many crashes
Want to get involved in the LiveCode open source project but don’t know where to start? Try one of these!
- (Easy) Make documentation for
- (Easy) Add a default script for scrollbars
- (Medium) Add a
load extensionscommand that loads multiple extensions at once
- (Hard) Support non-LF line endings in script-only stacks