Welcome to This Week in LiveCode! LiveCode is a high-level language with an easy-to-learn English-like syntax. This is a weekly summary of what’s been going on in the LiveCode open source project and community. Want something mentioned? Tweet @LiveCode or send us an e-mail. Want to get involved? We welcome contributions.
Updates from the LiveCode open source community
Happy 4th July to our American readers!
News & blog posts
- brimEng is a smartphone app for English language learning developed at Daffodil University, Dhaka.
- revIgniter v1.8.3 released
- revIgniter TextMate bundles v1.4.4 released
- Should the IDE apply scripts that don’t compile?
- Examining file permissions on Windows
- mergJSON, and strings vs. numbers
Updates in the LiveCode open source project
55 pull requests were merged since the last issue.
New LiveCode releases
- Don’t use QuickTime SDK when compiling Windows engine: revVideoGrabber is now the only component that needs QT.
- Indicate deprecated syntax in dictionary: Little warning triangles!
- Update datagrid guide: Massive update by jameshale
Bug of the week
- The simple and effective example stack clearly demonstrates the problem.
- Excellent support/responsiveness from the reporter, who sent us all the required elements (even hardware from the USA!) to test for this bug
- Although the bug affected only an edge case, the excellent engagement from the reporter encouraged the development team to implement a fix much sooner than originally planned!
Want to get involved in the LiveCode open source project but don’t know where to start? Try one of these!
- (Easy) Add extra space when commenting out script
- (Medium) Transition IDE plugin messages to use publish/subscribe mechanism
- (Medium) Allow custom SVG paths for core widgets