Welcome to This Week in LiveCode! LiveCode is a high-level language with an easy-to-learn English-like syntax. This is a weekly summary of what’s been going on in the LiveCode open source project and community. Want something mentioned? Tweet @LiveCode or send us an e-mail. Want to get involved? We welcome contributions.
Updates from the LiveCode open source community
News & blog posts
- Digital Pomegranate released the source code of livecode-wp-restapi, a set of WordPress integration REST API libraries
- LiveCode + WordPress = Infinite Possibilities Webinar
- Lloyd’s physics simulation: prototype 1
- WP REST API and creating sample apps
- Front/backscripts on mobile, and working with native scrollers
- Parsing a PDF file
Updates in the LiveCode open source project
38 pull requests were merged since the last issue.
New LiveCode releases
- List directories without changing “the defaultFolder”
- Fix rendering of rotated text on Windows
- Make sure action of “return for” is local to the caller
- Ensure “iconGravity” is preserved when copying buttons
Bug of the week
This bug is bug of the week this week because:
- the reporter tested in earlier versions of LiveCode
- the bug includes results of testing on all desktop platforms (and on Raspberry Pi)
- there’s an excellent sample stack to use for reproducing the issue
- the report points out the exact line of code that causes the problem
- the report even includes a workaround!
Want to get involved in the LiveCode open source project but don’t know where to start? Try one of these!
- (Easy) Change IDE to use
files(<folder>)instead of setting
- (Medium) Improve the script editor’s menubar layout on Linux
- (Medium) Change “bundled” IDE plugins to use publish/subscribe mechanism
- (Hard) Replace MCMoviePlayerController with AVPlayer on iOS