Welcome to This Week in LiveCode! LiveCode is a high-level language with an easy-to-learn English-like syntax. This is a weekly summary of what’s been going on in the LiveCode open source project and community. Want something mentioned? Tweet @LiveCode or send us an e-mail. Want to get involved? We welcome contributions.
Updates from the LiveCode open source community
News & blog posts
- Application Transport Security deadline for iOS apps: Use HTTPS wherever possible!
- What’s the best way to share stacks with other users?
Updates in the LiveCode open source project
26 pull requests were merged since the last issue.
- Allow global handlers to be overridden by scripted handlers
- Workaround for IDE hang when tracing resizeStack & moveStack: montegoulding addressed an extremely-longstanding IDE issue
- Add markerStyles and showLines properties to line graph widget
Bug of the week
This bug is about non-smooth resizing of widgets that can result in distorted rendering when they hit some particular (but not the same between launches) values of (width, height). It’s our bug of the week because:
- Initially the user provided a video of the bug, since he could not find a concrete recipe and the core dev team couldn’t reproduce it
- The video was enough to confirm the bug – but the reporter didn’t give up!
- He created an amazing-yet-simple stack, that automatically resizes the widget over a set of all possible values of width and height, and logs the “bad” combinations.
Thanks to his persistence, the bug is now reproducible and that will make it much easier to find and fix the problem.
Want to get involved in the LiveCode open source project but don’t know where to start? Try one of these!
- (Easy) Document the alignments available with the
fill textcommand in LCB
- (Medium) Add support for the “tabAlign” property to the property inspector
- (Hard) Add basic HTTP support on HTML5 platform