Welcome to This Week in LiveCode! LiveCode is a high-level language with an easy-to-learn English-like syntax. This is a weekly summary of what’s been going on in the LiveCode open source project and community. Want something mentioned? Tweet @LiveCode or send us an e-mail. Want to get involved? We welcome contributions.
Updates from the LiveCode open source community
News & blog posts
- Updates to LiveCode’s platform support policy
- revIgniter v1.9.0 released: Includes a new JSON Web Token helper.
- Update on WordPress/LiveCode coding webinars
- How to flip graphics
- Fullscreen issues on Mac OS 10.11 and workarounds
- LiveCode website and LiveNet plugin
Updates in the LiveCode open source project
28 pull requests were merged since the last issue.
- Modify stack file format to allow block offsets to exceed UINT16_MAX: A clipboard bug turned out to be a field bug that needs a new 8.1 stack file format to fix!
- Ensure _mainStacksChanged isn’t sent to a deleted stack: Fix for many nasty crashes
- Complete tokenOffset implementation
- Add ideControlMoved message
Bug of the week
This bug is about some problems with widgets, including the browser widget, found on Ubuntu Linux 16.04.
The reporter was very helpful, both over e-mail and on the bug report. Because he made a copy of his Ubuntu virtual machine available to us, we were able to easily reproduce his bug. Even better, we were able to use his VM to reproduce 5 other bugs that we were previously unable to, meaning that we are now able to make some progress with fixing them.
Want to get involved in the LiveCode open source project but don’t know where to start? Try one of these!
- (Easy) Enhance the documentation for “the processor”
- (Medium) Improve extension builder to use property metadata when creating the test widget
- (Medium) Make the language-livecode Atom package highlight doc comments differently