Welcome to This Week in LiveCode! LiveCode is a high-level language with an easy-to-learn English-like syntax. This is a weekly summary of what’s been going on in the LiveCode open source project and community. Want something mentioned? Tweet @LiveCode or send us an e-mail. Want to get involved? We welcome contributions.
Updates from the LiveCode open source community
We’re unable to use the GMane mailing list archive for the discussion links this week. The sole maintainer of GMane is suffering from burnout and has taken the web frontend offline for the foreseeable future.
Updates in the LiveCode open source project
21 pull requests were merged since the last issue.
New LiveCode releases
- Remove use of infinity from revIDEIsFilesetStale: It turns out that “infinity” isn’t actually treated as a number on all platforms
- Fix data grid refresh button in the Property Inspector
Bug of the week
This e-mail is about an html encoding problem with the field, where the htmlText of a field that contains codepoints that aren’t in the Basic Multilingual Plane get encoded with two HTML entities rather than one.
This is the bug of the week this week because it has an amazing sample stack that clearly demonstrates the problem, and because the report contains lots of hints, observations and comparisons that clearly indicate where the problem lies.
Want to get involved in the LiveCode open source project but don’t know where to start? Try one of these!
- (Easy) Make the background colour of the script editor handler list the same as the background colour of the script editor
- (Medium) Add an “Open Recent Script” menu to the script editor menus
- (Medium) Add the ability to select text or icon separately for each action in a header bar widget