Welcome to This Week in LiveCode! LiveCode is a high-level language with an easy-to-learn English-like syntax. This is a weekly summary of what’s been going on in the LiveCode open source project and community. Want something mentioned? Tweet @LiveCode or send us an e-mail. Want to get involved? We welcome contributions.
Updates from the LiveCode open source community
News & blog posts
- A new community for LiveCode teachers and students
- revIgniter v1.9.1 released: Added support for uploading directories (multiple files)
- The KAGI online purchase system has closed down
- Topic ideas for LiveCode workshops
- Why don’t arithmetic commands throw an error if the target isn’t a number?
- Deploying script-only library stacks into a standalone
Updates in the LiveCode open source project
This was a quiet week from a development point of view – because everyone was busy at the conference!
9 pull requests were merged since the last issue.
- Implement “&” operator for LCB Lists
- Several new contributors made improvements to the dictionary during asayd’s workshop on documentation
Bug of the week
This bug is about a list of numbers containing carriage return (CR) characters
not being processed properly by the
max() functions if it contains
a trailing CR.
This is the bug of the week because it has a simple and effective sample stack that clearly demonstrates the problem; the reporter has made some helpful comments that indicate where the problem lies; and by testing in LiveCode 6.x he has helped narrow down what might have caused the problem (probably during the LiveCode 7 refactoring to support Unicode).
Want to get involved in the LiveCode open source project but don’t know where to start? Try one of these!
- (Easy) Add a default script for scroll bars
- (Easy) Add extra spaces when commenting out script
- (Easy) Add a <Ctrl+Q> shortcut to the Linux script editor