Welcome to This Week in LiveCode! LiveCode is a high-level language with an easy-to-learn English-like syntax. This is a weekly summary of what’s been going on in the LiveCode open source project and community. Want something mentioned? Tweet @LiveCode or send us an e-mail. Want to get involved? We welcome contributions.
Updates from the LiveCode open source community
News & blog posts
- livecodepanos shares about his first conference on the LiveCode Blog
- peter-b released an Emacs major mode for LiveCode Builder
- angerangel released an update to the livecodeExif library
- Alex Tweedy continued The Joy of Removing Features series
- The wonders of trailing delimiters
- Garbage collection
Updates in the LiveCode open source project
70 pull requests were merged since the last issue.
- A huge effort this week from @asayd making 17 patches to the documentation!
- Correct gray RGB values in “GrayX” colors a great first contribution from @meiradarocha!
- New minStackFileVersion property for stacks: Check what minimum stack file version you can use without risking data loss.
- Faster script formatting
- Indicate script compilation errors on the project browser
Bug of the week
This bug details a regression in the behavior of the
This is the bug of the week because its reporter provided both a very helpful stack illustrating the problem and a detailed, reproducible recipe.
Want to get involved in the LiveCode open source project but don’t know where to start? Try one of these!
- (Easy) Make PDF user guide typography match dictionary view
- (Easy) Document the scriptExecutionErrors property
- (Easy) Add a note to the User Guide warning against giving objects numerical names
- (Medium) Teach the Project Browser to show parent behaviours
- (Medium) Make guide outlines in the Dictionary expand/collapse with repeated clicks
Contributors this week