Welcome to This Week in LiveCode! LiveCode is a high-level language with an easy-to-learn English-like syntax. This is a weekly summary of what’s been going on in the LiveCode open source project and community. Want something mentioned? Tweet @LiveCode or send us an e-mail. Want to get involved? We welcome contributions.
Updates from the LiveCode open source community
News & blog posts
- Max Vessi reports that the LiveCode Wiki has reached 1759 pages!
- LiveCode 8.1 RC 1 was released with over 85 bug fixes!
- Strict is in; lax is out
- Forum user @edmerckx99 reduced the execution time of a script by over 2000% in the For each line loop slows down thread!
Updates in the LiveCode open source project
31 pull requests were merged since the last issue.
- The first ever community contribution to This Week In LiveCode came in from @bhall2001
- @asayd followed up his fine form from last week with some work on the combine docs.
- With the release of LiveCode 8.1 RC 1 the team has now branched the development frontier and can look at merging some of the patches in the pipeline for LiveCode 8.1.1 and 8.2.
Bug of the week
This bug details a size difference between images displayed by the camera control when viewing front and back cameras on iOS.
This is the bug of the week because its reporter provided a very helpful stack illustrating the problem and a detailed, reproducible recipe and some useful screenshots to demonstrate the issue.
Want to get involved in the LiveCode open source project but don’t know where to start? Try one of these!
- (Easy) Document the scriptExecutionErrors property
- (Easy) Add a note to the User Guide warning against giving objects numerical names
- (Medium) Teach the Project Browser to show parent behaviours
- (Medium) Make guide outlines in the Dictionary expand/collapse with repeated clicks
- (Medium) Reduce whitespace in Dictionary
Contributors this week