Welcome to This Week in LiveCode! LiveCode is a high-level language with an easy-to-learn English-like syntax. This is a weekly summary of what’s been going on in the LiveCode open source project and community. Want something mentioned? Tweet @LiveCode or send us an e-mail. Want to get involved? We welcome contributions.
Updates from the LiveCode open source community
News & blog posts
- Richard Gaskin has called for community team members to help with an RPi build
- A question on threading went waaaay off topic and ended up discussing script editor key combinations
- How to determine the version of a windows engine of an old standalone
Updates in the LiveCode open source project
23 pull requests were merged since the last issue.
- @livecodefraser made a change to the linux engine so it will tell users what required libraries are missing if it fails to load
- @PaulMcLernan added
the currentCard of <stack>
- The team has been working on build tools and fixes for iOS 10 and Xcode 8 along with some of the core components of the Infinite LiveCode project.
Bug of the week
This bug occurs only under certain conditions and is the bug of the week because the report made it easy for livecodepanos to determine those conditions.
To reproduce the bug the following conditions must be met:
the wholeMatchesmust be true
- the string to search and the item searched for must not be unicode
- the item found must be the second item in the list where the first is an empty item
Want to get involved in the LiveCode open source project but don’t know where to start? Try one of these!
- (Easy) Inset the border path of the segmented control by the stroke width / 2
- (Easy) Fix broken references in “filename of stack” dictionary entry
- (Easy) Document the scriptExecutionErrors property
- (Medium) Teach the Project Browser to show parent behaviours
- (Medium) Make guide outlines in the Dictionary expand/collapse with repeated clicks
- (Medium) Reduce whitespace in Dictionary
Contributors this week