Updates from the LiveCode open source community
News & blog posts
- lcCardLayoutToWeb: Design a stack and export its layout to HTML + CSS
- revIgniter v1.9.2 released with updated TextMate bundles
- Enabling USD debugging on Android Lollipop
the defaultStack: There are quite a lot of subtleties to be aware of
- dragData in LCB: How to drag a file onto a widget and grab the data for the widget to process
Updates in the LiveCode open source project
86 pull requests were merged since the last issue.
- A bunch of crash fixes got merged
- Find Next/Previous in the SE respects current cursor location: Better usability for the script editor interactive search
- @seaniepie is on a one-man mission to bury the language dev team in documentation pull requests
Bug of the week
This bug is a really interesting problem where the ‘Object → Bring to front’ menu item (and other object ordering menu commands) can modify the group structure of objects.
Each time the bug is reproduced using the sample stack, it’s necessary to put the sample stack back into its original configuration, including relayering and regrouping the controls. The reporter realised this and kindly included a “Reset” button that makes preparing for testing the problem very easy!
Want to get involved in the LiveCode open source project but don’t know where to start? Try one of these:
- (Easy) Inset the border path of the segmented control by the stroke width / 2
- (Easy) Add a default script for scroll bars
- (Easy) Document the scriptExecutionErrors property
- (Medium) Teach the Project Browser to show parent behaviours
- (Medium) Make guide outlines in the Dictionary expand/collapse with repeated clicks
- (Medium) Reduce whitespace in Dictionary
Contributors this week