Updates from the LiveCode open source community
News & blog posts
- LiveCode: Yesterday and Today: Sarah Reichelt and Jerry Daniels talk about the evolution of HyperCard into LiveCode
- Coding Malaysia: Teaching thousands of primary school students with LiveCode in the Malaysian Coding@Schools program.
- Updated id3lib library for reading ID3 tags
- New SVG display widget
- Alternative dictionary stack by MaxV
Updates in the LiveCode open source project
64 pull requests were merged since the last issue.
New LiveCode releases
accept: You can open a server socket that only listens on a specific network interface
- Segmented control fill was bleeding outside of the border: @trevordevore took on one of the “help needed” bugs
- Loads more dictionary documentation improvements from @asayd and @seaniepie
Bug of the week
This bug occurred because of a subtle bug in the C++ source code for colour
names: the names were listed in the “correct” order (
but in order for the engine to work properly they need to be listed in
lexicographic order (i.e.
The test stack provided by the bug reporter was very simple, effective and self-explanatory, and came with a very good set of steps to reproduce the bug. The steps gave clear results that indicated exactly where the the problem was.
Want to get involved in the LiveCode open source project but don’t know where to start? Try one of these:
- (Easy) Update & complete documentation for
- (Easy) Add a default script for scroll bars
- (Medium) Teach the Project Browser to show parent behaviours
- (Medium) Make guide outlines in the Dictionary expand/collapse with repeated clicks
- (Medium) Reduce whitespace in Dictionary
- (Hard) Create a LiveCode Community build for Raspberry Pi
Contributors this week