Updates from the LiveCode open source community
News & blog posts
- What’s new in LiveCode 9 DP 1?
- Using the livecode standalone engine to run script only stacks on a server
- revIgniter v1.9.3 released
- Digital Pomegranate are working on MailChimp and One Signal libraries
- hhPolygon v1.0.0: A widget that provides an interactive polygon editor
specialFolderPath("resources")workaround for Windows: Finding a workaround for bug 18295
- Proposals for changing the tools palette and menu bar: Interesting and well-presented ideas for improving the user experience
- Why doesn’t LiveCode 9 work on OS X 10.6?
- When does iOS Application Transport Security block HTTPS connections: Diagnosing web servers with misconfigured or outdated SSL configuration
Updates in the LiveCode open source project
56 pull requests were merged since the last issue.
New LiveCode releases
- Re-write the LCB VM: @runrevmark and @livecodefraser have completely reworked the LiveCode Builder virtual machine to get it ready for the Infinite LiveCode project.
the scriptExecutionErrors: @asayd documented this useful IDE-only global property
revIDESetEdited: Improved API for flagging stacks in the IDE as changed and requiring a save.
Bug of the week
This bug report is about some problems with the
lock cursor command, which
stopped working in the IDE in LiveCode 8. The stack is very simple to
understand and easy to use when replicating the bug. The reporter spent some
time testing in older versions on LiveCode, and kindly saved the test stack in
5.5 format to help the dev team reproduce his results easily.
Want to get involved in the LiveCode open source project but don’t know where to start? Try one of these:
- (Easy) Update & complete documentation for
- (Easy) Add a default script for scroll bars
- (Medium) Teach the Project Browser to show parent behaviours
- (Medium) Make guide outlines in the Dictionary expand/collapse with repeated clicks
- (Medium) Reduce whitespace in Dictionary
- (Hard) Create a LiveCode Community build for Raspberry Pi
Contributors this week