Updates from the LiveCode open source community
News & blog posts
- How to get LiveCode running on a Raspberry Pi 3
- Preventing keyboard display for an Android native field
- What speed advantage comes from a private handler?
Updates in the LiveCode open source project
37 pull requests were merged since the last issue.
New LiveCode releases
- treeview: Calculate only 1000 keys of subarray display data: Enables browsing really huge arrays with the Script Editor’s variable viewer
- Update OpenSSL to 1.1.0c and libcurl to 7.51.0: Adds support for the latest and most secure encryption algorithms
- Use object handles instead of global object pointers: Extensive low-level changes to ensure that if LiveCode crashes, it crashes consistently and reproducibly (so that the crashes can be fixed quickly)
- Add a document describing C++ language policies: Which C++ language features we use in LiveCode’s source code, and why
Bug of the week
The reporter found an interesting bug in the Windows player’s rendering. The steps to reproduce are detailed and easy-to-follow, and the report includes both a test stack and a helpful screenshot illustrating the issue.
Want to get involved in the LiveCode open source project but don’t know where to start? Try one of these:
- (Easy) Update & complete documentation for
- (Easy) Add a default script for scroll bars
- (Medium) Teach the Project Browser to show parent behaviours
- (Medium) Make guide outlines in the Dictionary expand/collapse with repeated clicks
- (Medium) Reduce whitespace in Dictionary
- (Hard) Create a LiveCode Community build for Raspberry Pi