Updates from the LiveCode open source community
News & blog posts
LiveCode for FM is a new plugin for FileMaker that lets you extend FileMaker using LiveCode. Some of the components of LiveCode for FM, including the OAuth2 authentication library, are being integrated into the LiveCode open source project.
- Quadrilateral perspective distortion in LiveCode
- Free simple tool for creating keystore file for Android deployment
Updates in the LiveCode open source project
39 pull requests were merged since the last issue.
New LiveCode releases
- Re-add support for BMPs as a clipboard image format
- Many of this weeks changes fix crashes revealed by the recent object handle improvements, released in LiveCode 8.1.2-rc-1.
Bug of the week
The line graph widget, introduced in LiveCode 8, has problems when some of the data points have empty values (not zero; points were no datum is available). The reporter provided an excellent recipe to reproduce the bug, which was clearly explained and very reliable, along with screenshots to illustrate the problem.
Want to get involved in the LiveCode open source project but don’t know where to start? Try one of these:
- (Easy) Update & complete documentation for
- (Easy) Add a default script for scroll bars
- (Medium) Make guide outlines in the Dictionary expand/collapse with repeated clicks
- (Medium) Reduce whitespace in Dictionary
- (Hard) Allow Windows line endings in script-only stacks
- (Hard) Create a LiveCode Community build for Raspberry Pi
Contributors this week