Updates from the LiveCode open source community
News & blog posts
- LiveCode Widgets: The “Spinner” Activity Indicator
- LiveCode is on Gitter
- Support LiveCode open source with OSS Membership
Updates in the LiveCode open source project
30 pull requests were merged since the last issue.
- Show up to 10 nested behaviors in the Project Browser: This PR was submitted on behalf of BerndN, and it allows up to 10 nested behaviors to be shown in the PB.
- Reinstate text props and graphic effects to DataGrid Property Inspector: The LC-8 DataGrid Property Inspector was missing some text props and graphic effects. Now they are back :)
- LCB modules can declare Android app permissions and features: LCB module metadata is now checked for Android permissions which will be added to the manifest when building for Android.
- Set the maximum text length for an iOS native (single-line) input field: It is now possible to set/get the maximum number of characters that can be entered into an ios native single-line field, using the new “maximumTextLength” property
- Support multi-module assemblies in “load extension”
- Make sure CMYK images display correctly on Mac
Bug of the week
When setting the initial vScroll for a newly created native scroller on Android, the resulting scroll is misaligned, causing incorrect (or sometimes no) scrolling behavior.
The reporter of this bug provided a clear, detailed recipe and a helpful sample stack that demonstrates the problem.
Want to get involved in the LiveCode open source project but don’t know where to start? Try one of these:
- (Easy) Update & complete documentation for
- (Easy) Add a default script for scroll bars
- (Medium) Make guide outlines in the Dictionary expand/collapse with repeated clicks
- (Medium) Reduce whitespace in Dictionary
- (Hard) Allow Windows line endings in script-only stacks
- (Hard) Create a LiveCode Community build for Raspberry Pi