Updates from the LiveCode open source community
Happy new year LiveCoders!
- SQLite and single quote characters
- Building LiveCode from source using git
- Vaccination simulation using LiveCode by MaxV
Updates in the LiveCode open source project
30 pull requests were merged since the last issue.
New LiveCode releases
- Copy target string in replaceText/matchText:
Now the target string is copied when used in
matchText, ensuring that the original string is not force converted to unicode internally. This results in a dramatic performance increase in subsequent calls of
- Improve efficiency of regex cache: Another performance improvement.
- Send standalone messages at correct time
- Delete substacks of stack before deleting mainstack: This prevents a crash when deleting a stack with an open substack.
Bug of the week
The reporter has noticed that although the cursor can be set to an image of size greater than 16x16, the hotspot of an image can not be greater than (16,16). The simple and self-explanatory example stack nicely demonstrates the problem.
Want to get involved in the LiveCode open source project but don’t know where to start? Try one of these:
- (Easy) Update & complete documentation for
- (Medium) Add info on manipulating field contents to the User Guide
- (Medium) Make guide outlines in the Dictionary expand/collapse with repeated clicks
- (Medium) Reduce whitespace in Dictionary
- (Hard) Allow Windows line endings in script-only stacks
- (Hard) Create a LiveCode Community build for Raspberry Pi
Contributors this week
- Greater Toronto Area LiveCode Meetup Jan 25, 2017
- International LiveCode Mini Conference, organised by Mark Schonewille