Updates from the LiveCode open source community
- Android Keyboard Activation Issue
- Array Properties in a Standalone
- Documentation on Dispatch
- Question about code signing
Updates in the LiveCode open source project
24 pull requests were merged since the last issue.
- Local .html files can now be loaded into browser widget on Android: This bug was caused because of an incorrect path to local assets being passed to browser widget.
- Fix incorrect behavior of
folders()under some circumstances on Android: A nasty bug, caused by the evaluation order of conditionals in an
ifstatement (see Short-circuit evaluation).
- Xcode 8.2 / iOS 10.2 support
- Convert empty in LCS to empty list in LCB: This patch ensures that when empty is passed to an LCB library handler argument with type List, that the empty list is passed rather than throwing a type conversion error.
- Various fixes to defects detected by Coverity Scan Static Analysis tool.
Bug of the week
The simple and self-explanatory example stack, combined with the detailed recipe in the bug report, nicely demonstrates the problem.
Want to get involved in the LiveCode open source project but don’t know where to start? Try one of these:
- (Easy) Update & complete documentation for
- (Medium) Add info on manipulating field contents to the User Guide
- (Medium) Make guide outlines in the Dictionary expand/collapse with repeated clicks
- (Medium) Reduce whitespace in Dictionary
- (Hard) Allow Windows line endings in script-only stacks
- (Hard) Create a LiveCode Community build for Raspberry Pi
Contributors this week