Updates from the LiveCode open source community
- Why do I still need MacToISO, when working with UTF-8?
- What has changed in MacOS 10.12 in handling code pages?
- Code signing - not out of the wood yet: please help!
- Selling a download product for Windows
- Android deployment: Could not encode class bundle
Updates in the LiveCode open source project
26 pull requests were merged since the last issue.
New LiveCode releases
- Use blocking wait when waiting for screen refresh:
Otherwise many snapshots in quick succession can cause
recursionLimitto be reached.
mobilePickPhoto()maximum width and height settings on Android: A previously ios-only feature that is now supported on Android as well.
- Fix memory corruption when getting regular polygon points
- Add slider to Property Inspector for
- Ensure all menus are updated after mouseDown to group:
Now all menus in the menubar are rebuilt after the
mouseDownmessage has been sent to the menubar group. This fixes the long-standing problem where only the menu which was clicked on would be rebuilt, causing all other menus to be stale.
- Uncache object IDs when removing from object tree: A nasty bug that could cause a crash on object deletion.
- Various inter-related clipboard fixes
- Various fixes to defects detected by Coverity Scan Static Analysis tool.
Bug of the week
The simple and self-explanatory example stack, combined with the detailed recipe in the bug report, nicely demonstrates the problem.
Want to get involved in the LiveCode open source project but don’t know where to start? Try one of these:
- (Easy) Update & complete documentation for
- (Easy) selectionChanged does not appear in the player object page of the dictionary
- (Easy) Fix format of
- (Medium) Add info on manipulating field contents to the User Guide
- (Medium) Make guide outlines in the Dictionary expand/collapse with repeated clicks
- (Medium) Reduce whitespace in Dictionary
- (Hard) Allow Windows line endings in script-only stacks
- (Hard) Create a LiveCode Community build for Raspberry Pi
Contributors this week
- Greater Toronto Area LiveCode Meetup Jan 25, 2017
- International LiveCode Mini Conference Jan 25, 2017, organised by Mark Schonewille