Updates from the LiveCode open source community
News & blog posts
- Curry Kenworthy has made some videos about LiveCode:
- revIgniter v1.9.5 Released
- Dictionary rewrite - thoughts, please: Mike Kerner is starting a new project
- Not working as expected?: hh’s guide to HTML5 standalone troubleshooting
- Unusual field
backspaceKeybehaviour on Android
- Detecting clicks in the Segmented Control widget
- Text decoding and JSON arrays
Updates in the LiveCode open source project
42 pull requests were merged since the last issue.
- LCB: Implement record type definitions:
It is now possible to define a
record typein LCB composed of named, typed fields. The syntax for creating and accessing them hasn’t been defined yet, though.
- HedgeHao fixed some defects on Android:
Bug of the week
When filling a variable with lots of null bytes, i.e.
variable pane in the script editor may hang. The reporter provided very clear
description of the problem, with easy-to-follow steps to reproduce and a
simple and effective sample stack.
Want to get involved in the LiveCode open source project but don’t know where to start? Try one of these:
- (Easy) Update & complete documentation for
- (Easy) selectionChanged does not appear in the player object page of the dictionary
- (Easy) Fix format of
- (Medium) Add info on manipulating field contents to the User Guide
- (Medium) Make guide outlines in the Dictionary expand/collapse with repeated clicks
- (Medium) Reduce whitespace in Dictionary
- (Hard) Allow Windows line endings in script-only stacks
- (Hard) Create a LiveCode Community build for Raspberry Pi