Updates from the LiveCode open source community
News & blog posts
- German LiveCode book published
- On Gitter, @HedgeHao reported a successful build of LiveCode 8.1.3 on a Raspberry Pi 3
- SHA1 cracked; what are the chances this will be addressed in LC: Includes some in-depth discussion of how to use cryptographic hash functions and whether you should be worried about using SHA-1.
- Compressing and extracting folders for transfer with revZip
Updates in the LiveCode open source project
23 pull requests were merged since the last issue.
- @livecodeali has landed Java FFI support in the 9.0 development branch:
- Improve LCB’s
execute scriptcommand: You can now run the script in the context of a specific object, and pass a list of arguments.
- @asayd has been providing a continuous stream of great improvements to the documentation.
Want to get involved in the LiveCode open source project but don’t know where to start? Try one of these:
- (Easy) Update & complete documentation for
- (Easy) selectionChanged does not appear in the player object page of the dictionary
- (Easy) Fix format of
- (Medium) Add info on manipulating field contents to the User Guide
- (Medium) Make guide outlines in the Dictionary expand/collapse with repeated clicks
- (Medium) Reduce whitespace in Dictionary
- (Hard) Allow Windows line endings in script-only stacks
- (Hard) Create a LiveCode Community build for Raspberry Pi