Updates from the LiveCode open source community
News & blog posts
- OS X Firewall triggering on launch
- Vertical text?
- Browser widget on linux
- iOS plist concern from Apple
- The selectedObjects - is it a container or not?
- Initializing the segmented control
- Standard icons included in standalone
- numberFormat affecting array keys???
- List of available SVG icons, name AND icon?
- Cognitive load
- Legofied thistle
Updates in the LiveCode open source project
38 pull requests were merged since the last issue.
- Fix card deletion issues: A nasty regression introduced in LiveCode 8.1.4 RC1 is now fixed for LiveCode 8.1.4 RC2
- Ensure ‘type’ works correctly for accented chars
- Cleanup code that uses MCStringGetCString(), part 1
- New tsNet build 1.2.8: Expected in LiveCode 8.1.4 RC2, and it fixes various network-related bugs
- Add a recordFormats function
- Xcode 8.3.x support: Expected in LiveCode 8.1.4 RC2
Bug of the week
The reporter attached a helpful sample stack and a detailed recipe that helped us to test and confirm the problem quickly.
Want to get involved in the LiveCode open source project but don’t know where to start? Try one of these:
- (Easy) Update & complete documentation for
- (Easy) selectionChanged does not appear in the player object page of the dictionary
- (Medium) Add info on manipulating field contents to the User Guide
- (Medium) Make guide outlines in the Dictionary expand/collapse with repeated clicks
- (Medium) Reduce whitespace in Dictionary
- (Hard) Allow Windows line endings in script-only stacks
- (Hard) Create a LiveCode Community build for Raspberry Pi