Updates from the LiveCode open source community
- put x into URL… error on Windows network drive
- Calling a livecode executable -ui from LC server and get back a result
- http calls blocked by virus protection?
- looking for a smart approach to “sort” an array
- grabbing an SVG?
- User friendly functions to replace MySQL queries?
- tsNet and proxy servers
Updates in the LiveCode open source project
26 pull requests were merged since the last issue.
- Fix mirrored property on Mac: A nasty bug, affecting only OSX 10.11 and above, is now fixed.
- Defer deletion of script tab: A previous “Bug of the Week” is now fixed.
- Implement mirror property in windows directshow player: New feature for the player object on Windows!
- Fix inconsistent browser widget callbacks on iOS
- Allow deletion of a message’s target object in a frontscript
Bug of the week
The reporter attached a very helpful sample stack, and provided a detailed recipe that helped us to test and confirm the problem quickly.
Want to get involved in the LiveCode open source project but don’t know where to start? Try one of these:
- (Easy) Update & complete documentation for
- (Easy) selectionChanged does not appear in the player object page of the dictionary
- (Medium) Add info on manipulating field contents to the User Guide
- (Medium) Make guide outlines in the Dictionary expand/collapse with repeated clicks
- (Medium) Reduce whitespace in Dictionary
- (Hard) Allow Windows line endings in script-only stacks
- (Hard) Create a LiveCode Community build for Raspberry Pi
Contributors this week
Other LiveCode News
This section brings you other interesting news from across the LiveCode universe over the last week. This section may include non OSS projects.
- tinyDictionary 0_8_1_0: TinyDictionary is a small footprint dictionary for LiveCode (version 8.1 and up), developed by Bernd Niggemann.
- PowerTools 2.0: PowerTools is a drop-in plugin replacement for the IDE’s built-in tools palette, developed by Mark Wieder.
- New tsNet version: Expected in LiveCode 8.1.4 RC2