Updates from the LiveCode open source community
- Insanely long delays when moving several selected objects
- Forcing a number to be interpreted as a field name
- Using callbacks within LC and JS
- Param Naming - Object by Reference Best Practices
- Livecode 9 and converting to Stack Behaviors
- iOS internet issue (url request timeout setting?)
- Rooting around in the Forum: destructors
- How to download an image
- Regex help
- HTML5 deployment: progress comes into sight
Updates in the LiveCode open source project
28 pull requests were merged since the last issue.
New LiveCode releases
- Only use LCD anti-aliasing in opaque contexts on Mac: Another regression caused by the update of Skia library is now fixed.
- Make sure target stack is still valid before dispatching key focus event: This fixes a crash on Android when a stack is deleted shortly after switching to another stack.
- LCB: Add ordinal binding for builtin modules: Another step closer to have widgets working in HTML5!
- Fix relative path resolution of images in Mac standalones: A LC 8.1.4 regression is now fixed.
- Remove legacy ink use from IDE: Yet another regression caused by the update of Skia library is now fixed.
- revDB: Fixed bug preventing all table names being retrieved
- Update Windows text rendering to use DirectWrite+Skia
- Expand range of ‘random()’ to 53-bits
- Add new set ops and into form: This patch adds difference and symmetric difference set operation commands, and adds an ‘into’ clause to all four.
- LCB-Java: Convert to and from java string correctly
Bug of the week
The reporter attached a helpful simple sample stack, and provided a detailed recipe as well as resource files that helped us to test, confirm and fix the problem quickly.
Want to get involved in the LiveCode open source project but don’t know where to start? Try one of these:
- (Easy) Update & complete documentation for
- (Easy) Dictionary entry for compositorType says OpenGL is iOS only
- (Medium) Add info on manipulating field contents to the User Guide
- (Medium) Make guide outlines in the Dictionary expand/collapse with repeated clicks
- (Medium) Reduce whitespace in Dictionary
- (Hard) Allow Windows line endings in script-only stacks
- (Hard) Create a LiveCode Community build for Raspberry Pi
Contributors this week
LiveCode Global: Our Next Conference in Your City: 48 hours of Conference content streamed live around the globe! Save the dates:
- 15th of June 2017
- 13th of July 2017
- 17th of August 2017
- 21st of September 2017
- 19th of October 2017
- 16th of November 2017