Updates from the LiveCode open source community
News & blog posts
- 64 bit desktop apps
- Instantiating Grouped Controls - Templates - Responsive
- LC 8.1.4 and Xcode 8.3.3
- Changes to Msg Path from LC 7 to 8?
- Help me test Levure
- Word delimiters
- Sample Stack for uploading files to a lc server
Updates in the LiveCode open source project
50 pull requests were merged since the last issue.
New LiveCode releases
- Fix pending message object deletion crash
- Interactive tutorial todo list: A new interactive tutorial is added.
- Fix iOS simulator deployment with Xcode 8.3.3
- Set the Standard Arch for Mac in the S/B to 64-bit
- Trigger propertyChanged when text property mutated by script
- Implement put before msg in Emscripten
- Fix incorrect text metrics calculation on Mac: Another regression caused by the update of Skia library is now fixed.
- Redesigned iOS Standalone Builder Settings Pane: New background modes added, as well as ability to whitelist custom app url schemes.
- Add support for Android listener callbacks in LCB
- Fix crash when attempting to set a graphic to have more than 65535 points
Bug of the week
The reporter attached a helpful simple sample stack, and provided a detailed recipe that helped us to test and confirm the problem quickly.
Want to get involved in the LiveCode open source project but don’t know where to start? Try one of these:
- (Easy) Update & complete documentation for
- (Easy) Dictionary entry for compositorType says OpenGL is iOS only
- (Medium) Add info on manipulating field contents to the User Guide
- (Medium) Make guide outlines in the Dictionary expand/collapse with repeated clicks
- (Medium) Reduce whitespace in Dictionary
- (Hard) Allow Windows line endings in script-only stacks
- (Hard) Create a LiveCode Community build for Raspberry Pi
Contributors this week
Other LiveCode News
This section brings you other interesting news from across the LiveCode universe over the last week. This section may include non OSS projects.
LiveCode Global: Our Next Conference in Your City: 48 hours of Conference content streamed live around the globe! Save the dates:
- 15th of June 2017
- 13th of July 2017
- 17th of August 2017
- 21st of September 2017
- 19th of October 2017
- 16th of November 2017