Updates from the LiveCode open source community
News & blog posts
- Mac PPC
- clipsToRect property
- can’t edit…while it is executing
- Can’t Sign App
- annoying property editor
- Widgets “eating” mouseevents?
- LiveCode apps in Google Play
- asynchronous sockets
- Server Installation
- Uploading a file using FTP
Updates in the LiveCode open source project
35 pull requests were merged since the last issue.
New LiveCode releases
- Non-empty script of card can appear empty: A recently introduced regression is now fixed.
- AndroidService: Add a background service to Android and example: [Experimental] An infrastructure to allow LiveCode Builder modules to start and stop a background service on Android is now added in LiveCode 9.0.0 DP-7.
- AndroidButton: Add android native button widget: [Experimental] A new “Android Native Button” widget is added to LiveCode’s widget collection
- Format multi-line msg box on paste
- Emscripten Networking: Added support for load command to HTML5: [Experimental] Support for the the load command, similar to that in the mobile engines has been added for HTML5 standalones.
Bug of the week
The reporter attached a helpful simple sample stack, and provided a detailed recipe that helped us to test and confirm the problem quickly.
Want to get involved in the LiveCode open source project but don’t know where to start? Try one of these:
- (Easy) Part of errorMode dictionary entry missing
- (Easy) pushNotifiction messages in dictionary not linked to mobileGetDeviceToken
- (Medium) Add info on manipulating field contents to the User Guide
- (Medium) Make guide outlines in the Dictionary expand/collapse with repeated clicks
- (Medium) Reduce whitespace in Dictionary
- (Hard) Allow Windows line endings in script-only stacks
- (Hard) Create a LiveCode Community build for Raspberry Pi
Contributors this week
Other LiveCode News
This section brings you other interesting news from across the LiveCode universe over the last week. This section may include non OSS projects.
- LiveCode Global - my experience
- scrshot.io - Fast Screenshots!: scrshot is a fast online screenshot utility, written entirely in LiveCode + LiveCode Server
LiveCode Global: Our Next Conference in Your City: 48 hours of Conference content streamed live around the globe! Save the dates:
- 13th of July 2017
- 17th of August 2017
- 21st of September 2017
- 19th of October 2017
- 16th of November 2017