Updates from the LiveCode open source community
- Preference for Keeping Saved Empty Button Scripts Empty
- put url tricks to copy files on windows
- Display PDF in Browser Widget Error?
- First 1000 characters without loop?
- Android native widgets
- Widgets as Buttons
- Creating installers when packaging a Levure application
- Set the imagesource of a character to a built in graphic
- Inconsistent comma requirements
- How do we access the clipboard on mobile devices?
- Shell - argv parameter with SPACE
Updates in the LiveCode open source project
15 pull requests were merged since the last issue.
New LiveCode releases
- Use default visual if RGBA not supported on Linux
- Accept connections in ephemeral port range
- Fixed crash when accessing ImageData
- Bracket completion
- Unable to delete custom property that isn’t selected
Bug of the week
The reporter attached a helpful simple sample stack, and provided a detailed recipe that helped us to test, confirm and fix the problem quickly.
Want to get involved in the LiveCode open source project but don’t know where to start? Try one of these:
- (Easy) Improve “hide” and “show” dictionary entries
- (Easy) Improvement in ‘open socket’ dictionary entry
- (Medium) Add info on manipulating field contents to the User Guide
- (Medium) Make guide outlines in the Dictionary expand/collapse with repeated clicks
- (Medium) Reduce whitespace in Dictionary
- (Hard) Allow Windows line endings in script-only stacks
- (Hard) Create a LiveCode Community build for Raspberry Pi
Contributors this week
LiveCode Global: Our Next Conference in Your City: 48 hours of Conference content streamed live around the globe! Save the dates:
- 13th of July 2017
- 17th of August 2017
- 21st of September 2017
- 19th of October 2017
- 16th of November 2017