Updates from the LiveCode open source community
- Recursion limit
- Debugging a CEF browser instance
- I need a “slider” in a circle
- Object->New Control->Polygon Graphic in 8.1.4?
- Can I lock screen over more than one handler?
- fonts v8 vs v9
- Saturated fat
- Codesigning a Mac desktop version
- play sound plays the wrong sound
- iOS Browser Widget and PDFs?
- Biased testing and micro-coaching
- Text style is hit or miss for me
- Division by Zero Error
- Fat widgets: Includes a script that automatically recompiles custom widgets on startup, when switching between LiveCode 8 and 9.
- Mysterious new MetaCard file
- Image Metadata Enhancement Request
- modal window = block handler?
Updates in the LiveCode open source project
38 pull requests were merged since the last issue.
New LiveCode releases
- Add Synonyms to Dictionary
- Various fixes and updates to lc-compile-ffi-java
- Restrict SSE compiler flag scope in Skia: Fixes a potential crash on some Linux distros with specific configurations
- Use new send command form to fix message box issues
- Fix some inconsistencies in the player object: A previous bug of the week is now fixed
- LCB: Add varargs support to foreign handlers: It is now possible to bind to variadic C functions
- Clear substacks in destroystack: Fixes a potential crash
- Ensure the defaultScript is editable in Extesions Builder
Bug of the week
- Bug 20012 - Browser Widget: Memory leak
- Bug 19948 - [LCB] sector path radius changed to diameter in 8.1.5 RC1 and LC 9 DP7
In both reports the reporter attached a helpful simple sample stack, and provided a detailed recipe that helped us to test and confirm the problem quickly.
Want to get involved in the LiveCode open source project but don’t know where to start? Try one of these:
- (Easy) Improvement in ‘open socket’ dictionary entry
- (Easy) outputTextEncoding - parameter description format mixed up
- (Medium) Add info on manipulating field contents to the User Guide
- (Medium) Make guide outlines in the Dictionary expand/collapse with repeated clicks
- (Medium) Reduce whitespace in Dictionary
- (Hard) Allow Windows line endings in script-only stacks
- (Hard) Create a LiveCode Community build for Raspberry Pi
Contributors this week
Other LiveCode News
This section brings you other interesting news from across the LiveCode universe over the last week. This section may include non OSS projects.
- Submitting to the #%^%#? App Store
- Augmented Earth now on the App Store!
- Oracle DB driver is now back in LiveCode Business Edition
LiveCode Global: Our Next Conference in Your City: 48 hours of Conference content streamed live around the globe! Save the dates:
- 13th of July 2017
- 17th of August 2017
- 21st of September 2017
- 19th of October 2017
- 16th of November 2017