Updates from the LiveCode open source community
- Find some text characters
- Sending an FTP command from one web server to another?
- Why is libcef included in standalone?
- ANN: TinyDictionary updated to display Synonyms
- What happened to LC version numbers?
- Window layering
- Export SVG as PNG?
- Swipe transitions
- h.264 alternatives
- IntelliSense - Intelligent code completion for LiveCode
- Restrictions on mobile servers?
- iPad portrait size stack doesn’t fit to display
- Problem after putting executable into installer
- suggestion for in-app ads
- Ethereal Breakpoints
- Setting image source of fld char to remote URL
- XAML tools, viewers and converters
Updates in the LiveCode open source project
42 pull requests were merged since the last issue.
New LiveCode releases
- Fix backdrop preference setting
- Add useful properties to icon picker
- Show only valid provisioning profiles
- Dictionary Whitespace: Improved layout of the LiveCode dictionary, special thanks to Brian Milby.
- Unlock cursor on tab-control-alt key
- Linux backdrop issues
- Add 2 new coding tutorials to the Start Center
- Render caret with the correct blend mode: A regression caused by the update of the Skia library, affecting LiveCode on Linux, is now fixed.
- Add square root operator to math lib
- Various improvements in the default handlers: Thank you for the useful suggestions :)
- Use the hex code of the cert in iOS codesign step instead of cert name: Fixes a potential segmentation fault in case there are more than one certificates with the same name installed (e.g. one expired and one valid).
- Various fixes in malformed Dictionary entries
- Various improvements in the existing Interactive Tutorials
Bug of the week
The reporter attached a helpful sample stack, and provided a detailed recipe that helped us to test and confirm the problem quickly.
Want to get involved in the LiveCode open source project but don’t know where to start? Try one of these:
- (Easy) Improvement in ‘open socket’ dictionary entry
- (Easy) outputTextEncoding - parameter description format mixed up
- (Medium) Add info on manipulating field contents to the User Guide
- (Medium) Searching the Dictionary with $
- (Medium) Dictionary auto-searches on first char freezing cursor
- (Medium) Make guide outlines in the Dictionary expand/collapse with repeated clicks
- (Hard) Allow Windows line endings in script-only stacks
- (Hard) Create a LiveCode Community build for Raspberry Pi
Contributors this week
- Bob Hall
- Brian Milby
- Devin Asay
LiveCode Global: Our Next Conference in Your City: 48 hours of Conference content streamed live around the globe! Save the dates:
- 17th of August 2017
- 21st of September 2017
- 19th of October 2017
- 16th of November 2017