Updates from the LiveCode open source community
- OT: Hackintosh
- httpd library and missed opportunity
- Can’t use double finger scroll on mac for grouped controls
- App Rejected: IPv6 network?
- Made with . . .
- how to get the value of a custom property if the name of the cProperty is in a variable?
- merge() only evaluating first expression?
- Android device speed
- MouseDown sent to button in group, but MouseUp sent to card
- How to remove from a group
- OT-ish: Updating MacBook from El Capitan to Sierra to install Xcode 8.3+
- set the clipboarddata[“image”] not compatible with Adobe Photoshop
- menuHistory & menuPick
- preOpenStack problem
- Understanding LiveCode Source - BOM Issue with livecodescript URLs
Updates in the LiveCode open source project
25 pull requests were merged since the last issue.
New LiveCode releases
- Backport of faster script search
- Keep android button enabled property in sync: A “known issue” affecting the Native Android Button widget is now fixed.
the controlNamesworks with grouped controls too
- Missing AppleScript Dictionary: Brian Milby keeps fixing bugs! Thank you Brian.
- Ensure import paint into group respects the (parent) group: A previous “Bug of the Week” is now fixed
- Search dictionary with $
- Sort API Dictionaries
- Make mac installer dmg image horizontal
- Fix memory leak in obj-c action proxies
- Enable control-tab on Mac OS
Bug of the week
- Bug 20235 - Offset function hits a limit and stops reporting matching data, but works as expected if stack is saved as legacy 5.5. format
The reporter attached a nice and helpful sample stack, and provided a detailed recipe that helped us to test and confirm the problem quickly.
Want to get involved in the LiveCode open source project but don’t know where to start? Try one of these:
- (Easy) Improvement in ‘open socket’ dictionary entry
- (Easy) outputTextEncoding - parameter description format mixed up
- (Medium) Add info on manipulating field contents to the User Guide
- (Medium) LC8 Dictionary Copy using cmd+C only works after Run Tool selected
- (Medium) Dictionary auto-searches on first char freezing cursor
- (Medium) Make guide outlines in the Dictionary expand/collapse with repeated clicks
- (Hard) Allow Windows line endings in script-only stacks
- (Hard) Create a LiveCode Community build for Raspberry Pi
Contributors this week
LiveCode Global: Our Next Conference in Your City: 48 hours of Conference content streamed live around the globe! Save the dates:
- 17th of August 2017
- 21st of September 2017
- 19th of October 2017
- 16th of November 2017