Updates from the LiveCode open source community
- Sorting out the sheep from the goats
- Recursive folder creation
- SORT by length
- How to get the value of a custom property if the name of the cProperty is in a variable?
- Script Editor Window being bl**dy-minded
- FOR YOU: OSX-style push reorder of objects
- How to fake having the altKey pressed
- Android Browser Widget JS problem
- math, bigly
- Parent of Target
- the defaultStack changes on resume
- SMS message in LC?
- LC stack version changes between 8 and 9
- Bug 20255 - Simple Loop Labeling
- Using Find with Shell on Mac
- Weird thing I noticed with a graphics speed test
- Common code patterns
- Bug regression
- Crash with mobilePickPhoto and Android
- Mobile LC Apps Downloading Stacks After installation
- Speed of control lookup
- Livecode Mobile App in Background
- LC 9.0.0 dp8 won’t launch iOS simulator?
- Android Virtual Device Application Binary Interface
- Android App Woes
Updates in the LiveCode open source project
18 pull requests were merged since the last issue.
- Fix inability to use custom fonts on Window: A regression bug caused by the update of the Skia library is now fixed.
- Implement Win32 font listing using DirectWrite: Another regression bug caused by the update of the Skia library is now fixed.
- Fix rendering of mirrored + wrapped gradients: Yet another regression bug caused by the update of the Skia library is now fixed.
- Fix incorrectly masked rendering of legacy gradients when scaled: Yes, this is another Skia-related regression that is now fixed :)
- Fix vertical placement of caret on wrapped lines: A long standing issue is now fixed.
- Ensure there is always a segment for each tab: An annoying LC 7.x regression is now fixed.
- Synthesize DIBV5 from PNG, GIF and JPEG on Win32: A clipboard-related LC 8 regression on Windows is now fixed.
- Ensure dragdata[“files”] uses Unix paths + supports multiple files
- Allow binding to interface callbacks with non-void return: Another feature for Infinite LiveCode on Android is now implemented.
Bug of the week
The reporter attached a simple and helpful sample stack, and provided a detailed recipe that helped us to test, confirm and fix the problem quickly.
Want to get involved in the LiveCode open source project but don’t know where to start? Try one of these:
- (Easy) Improvement in ‘open socket’ dictionary entry
- (Easy) outputTextEncoding - parameter description format mixed up
- (Medium) Add info on manipulating field contents to the User Guide
- (Medium) LC8 Dictionary Copy using cmd+C only works after Run Tool selected
- (Medium) Dictionary auto-searches on first char freezing cursor
- (Medium) Make guide outlines in the Dictionary expand/collapse with repeated clicks
- (Hard) Allow Windows line endings in script-only stacks
- (Hard) Create a LiveCode Community build for Raspberry Pi
Contributors this week
LiveCode Global: Our Next Conference in Your City: 48 hours of Conference content streamed live around the globe! Save the dates:
- 17th of August 2017
- 21st of September 2017
- 19th of October 2017
- 16th of November 2017