Updates from the LiveCode open source community
- Constraining an input field’s contents to be a single line
- SivaSiva iOS App Approved - Android Issues/AcceleratedRendering issues
- Dash “Make DocSet” stack version 1.6. and non-Mac Dash readers
- = sign in script editor, Mac
- shell - c and java code
- Setting the acceleratedRendering to true on startup on Android 7 and Android 8
- (Browser) Widget documentation
- Moving on from 8.* to 9.*
- Scrolling Groups on Mobile - Show a little of what is below
- Best way to copy from one stack to another
- How to to type bottom to up and right to left in a field
- HTML5 and Copy and Pasting of graphics?
- How to offset placement of referenced images?
- Developing Methods: Creating Scrolling groups larger than screen rect
- IPad Mini reports “not supported”
- LCB: Speed difference between LC 8 and LC 9?
- LCB in LC 9: Speed difference between Business and Community?
Updates in the LiveCode open source project
56 pull requests were merged since the last issue.
New LiveCode releases
- Fix issues with breakpoint movement on edit
- Document android external special folder paths
- Fix dropped keystrokes on Windows
- Add android audio recorder library
- Merge automated prebuilts building into develop: This will save us some time and improve our build process.
- Always add DIB format to clipboard for images: The previous “Bug of the week” is now fixed.
- “Ask file” on Mac broken: Thanks @Brian Milby for discovering and fixing this (while building LC from source!)
- RevDB database types should be case insensitive: A LC 9.x regression in LC Server is now fixed.
- Prevent crash on iOS if HealthKit is included
- breakpoints lag Editor scrolling: Great to see community PRs and community comments in the PR :)
- Lots of fixes (regarding invalid links, malformed text) in various dictionary entries in LiveCode 9.x
Bug of the week
The reporter attached a simple and helpful sample stack, and provided a detailed recipe that helped us to test and confirm the problem quickly.
Want to get involved in the LiveCode open source project but don’t know where to start? Try one of these:
- (Easy) Improvement in ‘open socket’ dictionary entry
- (Easy) outputTextEncoding - parameter description format mixed up
- (Easy) Info missing from mobileGetContactData entry
- (Medium) Add info on manipulating field contents to the User Guide
- (Medium) LC8 Dictionary Copy using cmd+C only works after Run Tool selected
- (Medium) Make guide outlines in the Dictionary expand/collapse with repeated clicks
- (Medium) Dictionary: The LiveCode Script Guide cannot be searched
- (Hard) Create a LiveCode Community build for Raspberry Pi
Contributors this week
- Bob Hall
- Brian Milby
LiveCode Global: Our Next Conference in Your City: 48 hours of Conference content streamed live around the globe! Save the dates:
- 19th of October 2017
16th of November 2017
- 5th Oct : SoCal LiveCode Group meetup