Updates from the LiveCode open source community
News & blog posts
- Testing 1, 2, 28534: A very interesting blog post by @livecodeali, describing all the different sorts of tests we run.
- Size restrictions when cloning or create a control in script
- Segmented Control Bugs?
- Scrollbar control and auto complete confusion
- LiveCode documentation set now available for Dash compatible readers
- How do I play sound files in HTML5?
- Expanded dictionary in LC 9
- Grouping Controls in selectGroupedControls mode
- Atkinson dither algorithm
- How to define inclusions of a standalone by script?
- Multiple MouseEnter messages - crash
- Could not find plist template for device target
Updates in the LiveCode open source project
47 pull requests were merged since the last issue.
New LiveCode releases
LiveCode 8.1.7 RC-3 contains an important change:
Using Xcode 9 for building iOS standalones in LiveCode 8.1.7 RC-3 now creates a universal binary, i.e. the binary contains both a 32bit slice and a 64bit slice. This means that you can install it in older Apple devices that have a 32bit chip (and thus require the app to have a 32bit slice), such as iPhone 5, iPhone 5c and 4th gen iPad.
This was not possible in LiveCode 8.1.7 RC-2.
- Ensure effects popup palettes have correct height: A LC 9 regression is now fixed.
- Fixed bug causing crash on mouseEnter
- Fix optionKeyDown handler
- Add emscripten deploy library: A list of all installed browsers will now appear under the “Test Target” button, when building a HTML5 standalone.
- Fix unicode not showing in browser’s htmlText
- Check order of buttons when returning answer dialog result
- Fix segmented control docs mismerge: A LC 9 regression is now fixed.
- Lots of fixes (regarding invalid links, malformed text) in various dictionary entries in LiveCode 8.2.x. Thanks @livecodesam :)
Bug of the week
- Bug 20507 - “read from socket X for 1” works in 6.1.1, not 8.1.6
- Bug 20506 - Hilite color of list field in modal stack is gray when initially displayed
In both of these reports, the reporters attached a simple and helpful sample stack, and provided useful info and a detailed recipe that helped us to test and confirm the problem quickly.
Want to get involved in the LiveCode open source project but don’t know where to start? Try one of these:
- (Easy) Improvement in ‘open socket’ dictionary entry
- (Easy) MouseEnter / MouseLeave infinite Loop trap - documentation enhancement
- (Easy) outputTextEncoding - parameter description format mixed up
- (Easy) Info missing from mobileGetContactData entry
- (Medium) Add info on manipulating field contents to the User Guide
- (Medium) LC8 Dictionary Copy using cmd+C only works after Run Tool selected
- (Medium) Make guide outlines in the Dictionary expand/collapse with repeated clicks
- (Medium) Dictionary: The LiveCode Script Guide cannot be searched
- (Hard) Create a LiveCode Community build for Raspberry Pi
Contributors this week
- Brian Milby
- James Hale
- Josh Chiu
Other LiveCode News
This section brings you other interesting news from across the LiveCode universe over the last week. This section may include non OSS projects.
LiveCode Global: Our Next Conference in Your City: 48 hours of Conference content streamed live around the globe! Save the dates:
- 19th of October 2017
- 16th of November 2017