Updates from the LiveCode open source community
- Creeping IDE Script Editor window position
- OAuth2 Status?
- Dropbox library (LC 9) - does dropboxGetCurrentAccount work?
- Handy behavior snippet
- Dropbox library in LC 9 - centralise the access token?
- Atkinson dither algorithm & ‘for each’ loop
- Microsoft 365 Rest API
- Query Input Form
- Repeat For Each Iteration Order
- libURLLast/xx/headers on mobile?
- ‘manual’ Copy and paste of multiple objects to new card ungroups grouped objects
- DG2 Question
- is a date
- Rotating Widgets
- Send “rawKeyUp”
- In GRAB control
- Community widget #53
- Tiny Dictionary and Plug-ins Folder in LC 8.1.6 for Linux Ubuntu 16.04
Updates in the LiveCode open source project
29 pull requests were merged since the last issue.
New LiveCode releases
- Don’t apply color to SkPaint when using a gradient or pattern: A LC 9 regression is now fixed.
- Map ISOSection key code to appropriate XK code: This fixes a regression bug affecting specific keyboard layouts
- Fix incorrect java binding string parsing
- Segmented control posts hiliteChanged when created: Thanks @Brian Milby
- Set correct input type for passwords
- Ensure Y is respected in ‘read from socket X for Y’: A previous “Bug of the week” is now fixed
- Native scrollers on DataGrid
- Put all docs of a particular type together in API
- Lots of fixes (regarding invalid links, malformed text) in various dictionary entries in LiveCode 8.2.x. Thanks @livecodesam :)
Bug of the week
The reporter attached a simple and helpful sample stack, and provided useful info and a detailed recipe that helped us to test, confirm and fix the problem quickly.
Want to get involved in the LiveCode open source project but don’t know where to start? Try one of these:
- (Easy) Improvement in ‘open socket’ dictionary entry
- (Easy) MouseEnter / MouseLeave infinite Loop trap - documentation enhancement
- (Easy) outputTextEncoding - parameter description format mixed up
- (Easy) Info missing from mobileGetContactData entry
- (Medium) Add info on manipulating field contents to the User Guide
- (Medium) LC8 Dictionary Copy using cmd+C only works after Run Tool selected
- (Medium) Make guide outlines in the Dictionary expand/collapse with repeated clicks
- (Medium) Dictionary: The LiveCode Script Guide cannot be searched
- (Hard) Create a LiveCode Community build for Raspberry Pi
Contributors this week
LiveCode Global: Our Next Conference in Your City: 48 hours of Conference content streamed live around the globe! Save the dates:
- 19th of October 2017
- 16th of November 2017