Updates from the LiveCode open source community
News & blog posts
- LiveCode Global 2018: Join our live 2018 Conference
- Call for Speakers LCG 2018
- The Reborn Of Space Invaders Clone 2018: Made with LiveCode Community
- New Rapid Book Reading By Fasasoftware 2018: Made with LiveCode Community
- TinyDictionary updated to work also in LC 8.2.0 DP2 and LC 9 DP10
- Update to Dash docset maker
- Bug with first key in dialog
- Save file dialogs…
- Need an Applescript Expert
- Autosaving stacks corrupted on network drives
- mkvMerge - batch processing stack for mkvToolnix
- Should engine be applying link or metadata to an LINEFEED (LF) character?
- LiveCode Windows Applications on Ubuntu
- Rich Text Editor features within a LC8/LC9 app?
- WebSocket API help needed
- how to split a list in two directions?
- Radio button scaling
- Need help with version number definitions with appStores
- Relative Paths in Property Inspector
- Android Filing System using LC9
Updates in the LiveCode open source project
13 pull requests were merged since the last issue.
New LiveCode releases
- Add uuid field to deploy parameters
- Ensure “hilitedButtonName” returns the name of the hilited button
- Show ask/answer dialogs in correct location on Mac
- Fix crash on exit after using the commandName
- Lots of fixes (regarding invalid links, malformed text) in various dictionary entries in LiveCode 8.2.x. Thanks @livecodesam :)
Bug of the week
The reporter attached a simple and helpful sample stack, and provided useful info and a detailed recipe that helped us to test and confirm the problem quickly.
Want to get involved in the LiveCode open source project but don’t know where to start? Try one of these:
- (Easy) Improvement in ‘open socket’ dictionary entry
- (Easy) Dictionary: Update example of cameraControlDo entry
- (Easy) MouseEnter / MouseLeave infinite Loop trap - documentation enhancement
- (Easy) outputTextEncoding - parameter description format mixed up
- (Easy) Info missing from mobileGetContactData entry
- (Medium) Add info on manipulating field contents to the User Guide
- (Medium) LC8 Dictionary Copy using cmd+C only works after Run Tool selected
- (Medium) Make guide outlines in the Dictionary expand/collapse with repeated clicks
- (Medium) Dictionary: The LiveCode Script Guide cannot be searched
- (Hard) Create a LiveCode Community build for Raspberry Pi
Contributors this week
LiveCode Global: Our Next Conference in Your City: 48 hours of Conference content streamed live around the globe! Save the last date: 16th of November 2017.