Updates from the LiveCode open source community
- Slow Opening IDE
- Specialty Fonts on Mobile – OK? or Stay Away?
- mouseWithin and mouseLeave problem
- Image Offset in Frame
- SVG (in LiveCode) can do that?!
- Rant on my favourite topics : LC server with a side-dish of on-rev :-)
- iPhone X Screen Dimensions and the screenRect function
- Simple tutorial on scrollbars?
- Creating LC IDE plugin - is it possible to check if plugin was started automatically or from menu?
Updates in the LiveCode open source project
23 pull requests were merged since the last issue.
- Ensure zero length blocks are skipped on get
- Xcode 9+: Detect if a Simulator device is already open
- Property Inspector / Geometry: Remove All button
- LCS: Fix dependencies for extensions
- Support script library extension loading
Bug of the week
The reporter attached a simple and helpful sample stack, and provided useful info and a detailed recipe that helped us to test and confirm the problem quickly.
Want to get involved in the LiveCode open source project but don’t know where to start? Try one of these:
- (Easy) Dictionary: “sortType” descriptlon, line 1 mistake
- (Easy) Dictionary: Mention that iPhone X does not support “portrait upside down” orientation
- (Easy) Improvement in ‘open socket’ dictionary entry
- (Easy) MouseEnter / MouseLeave infinite Loop trap - documentation enhancement
- (Easy) outputTextEncoding - parameter description format mixed up
- (Easy) Info missing from mobileGetContactData entry
- (Medium) Add info on manipulating field contents to the User Guide
- (Medium) LC8 Dictionary Copy using cmd+C only works after Run Tool selected
- (Medium) Make guide outlines in the Dictionary expand/collapse with repeated clicks
- (Medium) Dictionary: The LiveCode Script Guide cannot be searched
- (Hard) Create a LiveCode Community build for Raspberry Pi
Contributors this week
Other LiveCode News
This section brings you other interesting news from across the LiveCode universe over the last week. This section may include non OSS projects.