Updates from the LiveCode open source community
- Tab alignment in fields
- Website scraping - How can I load a ‘partial’ page?
- Dash Docs and Docset Creator updates
- rename folder not working?
- Update to FMaker utility stack
- Revigniter Sessions
- Screen Resolution for Desktop Apps
- Shout Out to dev@livecode
- LC Server 8.1.7 Community - Sessions work?
- I can not delete files on Windows
- Windows system tray icon
Updates in the LiveCode open source project
42 pull requests were merged since the last issue.
- Make corner radius of segmented control a property Thanks @jameshale
- EmscriptenWindows: Track mouseevents outside window when click-dragging
- Enable creation of objc delegates implementing protocol methods: New handlers for Objective-C delegate support
- Add dynamic instance method binding: More progress on Objective-C FFI
- Add optional ‘kind’ parameter to files/folders
- Fix replaceText performance regression
- Added support for Xcode 9.2 / iOS 11.2
- Show soft keyboard when Android native field widget receives focus
- Fix crash when undo group deletion
- Extensions: Add a way to launch sample stacks
- Profile Manager/Geometry Manager on Mobile Thanks @Brian Milby
- EmscriptenWindows: Implement windows in HTML5 using floating ‘canvas’ elements: Four bugs are fixed by this PR :)
- Toast notification library: This provides the ability to pop up a transient, non-modal notification to the user. Currently, the library is only supported on Android.
Want to get involved in the LiveCode open source project but don’t know where to start? Try one of these:
- (Easy) Dictionary: Improve documentation for launch URL & specialFolderPath for Android
- (Easy) Dictionary: Mention that iPhone X does not support “portrait upside down” orientation
- (Easy) Improvement in ‘open socket’ dictionary entry
- (Easy) MouseEnter / MouseLeave infinite Loop trap - documentation enhancement
- (Easy) outputTextEncoding - parameter description format mixed up
- (Easy) Info missing from mobileGetContactData entry
- (Medium) Add info on manipulating field contents to the User Guide
- (Medium) LC8 Dictionary Copy using cmd+C only works after Run Tool selected
- (Medium) Make guide outlines in the Dictionary expand/collapse with repeated clicks
- (Medium) Dictionary: The LiveCode Script Guide cannot be searched
- (Hard) Create a LiveCode Community build for Raspberry Pi
Contributors this week
- Brian Milby
- Charles Warwick
- Devin Asay
- James Hale
Other LiveCode News
This section brings you other interesting news from across the LiveCode universe over the last week. This section may include non OSS projects.
Thank you so much everyone for your contributions this year. We wish you all a very Merry Holiday season, and a Happy New Year! This Week in LiveCode will be with you again on Monday 15th January, 2018.