Updates from the LiveCode open source community
- Dropbox help
- Reading from xls or xlsx - with style
- deploying to multiple mobile devices
- Roadmap: “Automated REST API wrapping”?
- How do I delete cloned images with the same name all at once?
- gradient selectors
- post to httpS?
- Changes to Google Play submissions
- resizing and rescaling an object: Is this math/logic ok?
- What for can I use the new vector icon widget in LC 9 DP-11?
- Dropbox help 2
- Do script-only stacks support “chained” behaviors?
- How I learned to love and use auto quotes & parentheses with LC 9 DP11
Updates in the LiveCode open source project
9 pull requests were merged since the last issue.
- Ensure the device plist contains correct values for Xcode/SDK versions
- Enable sub-pixel positioning in CoreText rendering
- iconSVG add icon/current family feature
- Ensure no error when initially opening script editor
Bug of the week
The reporter provided useful info and a detailed recipe that helped us to test and confirm the problem quickly.
Want to get involved in the LiveCode open source project but don’t know where to start? Try one of these:
- (Easy) Dictionary: Improve documentation for launch URL & specialFolderPath for Android
- (Easy) Dictionary: Mention that iPhone X does not support “portrait upside down” orientation
- (Easy) Improvement in ‘open socket’ dictionary entry
- (Easy) MouseEnter / MouseLeave infinite Loop trap - documentation enhancement
- (Easy) outputTextEncoding - parameter description format mixed up
- (Easy) Info missing from mobileGetContactData entry
- (Medium) Add info on manipulating field contents to the User Guide
- (Medium) LC8 Dictionary Copy using cmd+C only works after Run Tool selected
- (Medium) Make guide outlines in the Dictionary expand/collapse with repeated clicks
- (Medium) Dictionary: The LiveCode Script Guide cannot be searched
- (Hard) Create a LiveCode Community build for Raspberry Pi
Contributors this week
- LiveCode Global: 12 Months Streamed Live Around the Globe - Running every 2nd month throughout 2018!
Save the dates:
- 15th of March 2018
- 17th of May 2018
- 19th of July 2018
- 20th of September 2018
- 15th of November 2018