Updates from the LiveCode open source community
- Crazy script-only stack question
- how to refer to a custom prop that is a multidimensional array
- good tutorial about connecting LC desktop apps to MySQL without exposing the database
- regex deconstructor
- LC Toolbar
- mobile: pick image without importing?
- Bug: in 8.18 Stable and 9 Dp11 legacy stack import
- Navigator now supports converting controls to script-only stack behaviors
- What Env Variable set when saving standalone?
- RevQueryDatabase error in standalone
- Good pinch-to-zoom in image object?
- get URL problem on on-rev account
- Question about script-only stacks
- Preserving Detailed Field Content
- Is it safe to rely on the hash of a livecode variable from a character encoding standpoint?
- Feature proposal: mobileActualAllowedOrientations?
- Reloading script-only stacks
Updates in the LiveCode open source project
20 pull requests were merged since the last issue.
- SVG - Revision 3
- Use an asset catalog for iOS icons
- ModuleAssemblies: Support multi-module assemblies in standalones
- enable/disable button “replace” based on search location Thanks @MartinKoob
- ImageFormat - Make image in format
Bug of the week
The reporter provided useful info, a detailed recipe as well as a helpful sample stack that helped us to test and confirm the problem quickly.
Want to get involved in the LiveCode open source project but don’t know where to start? Try one of these:
- (Easy) Dictionary: Improve documentation for launch URL & specialFolderPath for Android
- (Easy) Dictionary: Mention that iPhone X does not support “portrait upside down” orientation
- (Easy) Improvement in ‘open socket’ dictionary entry
- (Easy) MouseEnter / MouseLeave infinite Loop trap - documentation enhancement
- (Easy) outputTextEncoding - parameter description format mixed up
- (Easy) Info missing from mobileGetContactData entry
- (Medium) Add info on manipulating field contents to the User Guide
- (Medium) LC8 Dictionary Copy using cmd+C only works after Run Tool selected
- (Medium) Make guide outlines in the Dictionary expand/collapse with repeated clicks
- (Medium) Dictionary: The LiveCode Script Guide cannot be searched
- (Hard) Create a LiveCode Community build for Raspberry Pi
Contributors this week
Other LiveCode News
This section brings you other interesting news from across the LiveCode universe over the last week. This section may include non OSS projects.
- LiveCode Global: 12 Months Streamed Live Around the Globe - Running every 2nd month throughout 2018!
Save the dates:
- 15th of March 2018
- 17th of May 2018
- 19th of July 2018
- 20th of September 2018
- 15th of November 2018